Our Los Angeles DUI attorneys proudly serve a variety of neighborhoods and areas across the city of Los Angeles and the state of California. Although we primarily serve the downtown Los Angeles area, we have local attorneys who are available across other cities as well.
When you go with our DUI attorneys in Los Angeles, you can expect:
- Your lawyer to have keen insight into how the court system works locally for DUI cases and other criminal charges.
- Our attorneys to have strong relationships with prosecuting attorneys, which allows us to negotiate pretrial diversion agreements, plea agreements, and other favorable outcomes.
- Your attorney to have good rapport with the prosecutor and judges who work in the same local courts.
- Our team to share their deep knowledge of how juries are selected in cases like yours.
Areas We Serve
Having a Los Angeles DUI attorney on your side who has the experience and extensive knowledge of the local court system could make all the difference in the outcome of the charges against you.
Our Los Angeles attorneys help those facing criminal charges in a variety of locations across Los Angeles and surrounding cities, including:
- San Clemente, CA
- San Dimas, CA
- San Fernando, CA
- San Gabriel, CA
- San Juan Capistrano, CA
- San Marino, CA
- Santa Ana, CA
- Santa Clarita, CA
- Santa Fe Springs, CA
- Santa Monica, CA
- Seal Beach, CA
- Sherman Oaks, CA
- Sierra Madre, CA
- Signal Hill, CA
- South El Monte, CA
- South Gate, CA
- South Pasadena, CA
- Stanton, CA
- Studio City, CA
What Happens When You’re Convicted of a DUI in California?
If you are convicted of a DUI in the state of California, the penalties you can face can vary widely depending on whether you were charged with a misdemeanor or felony DUI, whether you are a habitual offender, and whether another party suffered serious bodily injury.
Some of the common penalties associated with DUI convictions include:
- Incarceration in a county jail or state prison
- Fines as high as $18,000
- Suspension or revocation of your driver’s license
- Installation of an ignition interlock device at your expense
- Completion of a driver retraining course
- Completion of a drug or alcohol treatment program
How a Los Angeles DUI Lawyer Can Help You
When you are facing DUI charges in Los Angeles or surrounding cities, you need a powerful criminal defense attorney to help you avoid the fallout of the conviction. The prosecutor must prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt to obtain a conviction. Your lawyer will be prepared to analyze the circumstances of your case to determine how to best approach your defense.
In some instances, entering a pretrial diversion program may be in your best interests. However, you should be aware that pretrial diversion is only available for offenders who are non-violent. They may also only be available for first-time offenders.
If you do not qualify, your DUI attorney in Los Angeles will need to scrutinize the evidence to determine which defense is most likely to produce a favorable outcome. Your Los Angeles DUI attorney will be by your side every step of the way to help protect your future by:
- Reviewing the evidence obtained against you
- Scrutinizing police field sobriety testing
- Scrutinizing law enforcement conduct
- Determining whether evidence should be dismissed
- Determining whether your stop was legal
- Working with the prosecutor to obtain a plea agreement or pretrial diversion
- Defending your case at trial
Get Help from a DUI Attorney in Los Angeles Today
When you are ready to retain the legal support of a Los Angeles DUI attorney but you do not know where to turn for help, you can get started on your defense as soon as today when you contact us for a free consultation.
Fill out our quick and confidential contact form, or call us when you are ready to schedule your no-cost, risk-free case review.