Death in Santa Clarita

In the 1980s, only about 10% of drunk driving arrests involved women, leaving 90% to be committed by men. Overall, drunk driving numbers are on the decline, but women make up a larger percentage of those caught driving under the influence, and by 2011, men only made up 75% of drunk driving arrests. Men are also more likely to be involved in a fatal drunk driving incident. ABC 7 reports on the tragic story of a mother of six killed in an accident.

Katie Snyder Evans was returning from a hospital visit to her premature twins in the hospital. Evans, 37, leaves behind a husband, the twins, and four other children aged between 2 and 12.

The crash occurred just before midnight near the Golden Valley and Soledad Canyon Roads, the Santa Clarita Sheriff’s Station reports.

A car that had been traveling southbound on Golden Valley Road struck a curb. The car then sideswiped Evans’s vehicle, which had been traveling northbound, which then overturned. Evans was ejected from the vehicle and died at the scene. The driver of the first vehicle was injured as well.

Police are looking into whether alcohol may have been involved, but no charges have been filed at this point.

Have you been charged with a DUI? You will want legal representation on your side in court. Our attorneys are all experienced in defending DUI charges. We can help. Call today.

Related Frequently Asked Questions